Femi Adelegan is time-tested bureaucrat and information manager whose technocratic instincts have kept him within the precincts of power for several years. For most of the 1990s through the turn of the millennium, (1994-2000) Adelegan, a publicist, public administrator and writer, walked around the corridors of power as an image manager and spokesman to four consecutive governors of Osun State in Nigeria. He is a writer, author, publicist, publisher, consultant in diverse fields, and is a Governmental Affairs Specialist.
He previously served (2003-2010) as Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation to the governor of Osun State, Nigeria. At various times, (2008-2012) Femi Adelegan served as a member of Nigerian Government’s Official Delegations to the General Conference and Executive Board Sessions of UNESCO in France; and Nigeria’s Presidential Delegations to the United States, Peoples Republic of China, Vietnam (2006) and the G-20 Summit in Canada (2010). He also attended the 41st session of the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, United States in 1986.
He is the author of several publications, among them: Africa: The Game Changers & Dynamics of Power; Nigeria’s Leading Lights of the Gospel: Revolutionaries in Worldwide Christianity; Governance: An Insider’s Reflections on the Nigerian Polity and The Press Secretary.
FEMI ADELEGAN – A SPEECH-WRITER & BUREAUCRATIC PLAYER:
For almost 8 years, Femi Adelegan served in the administration of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, governor of Osun State, Nigeria, between May 29, 2003 to November 26, 2010 in the capacities of Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser to the governor on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation. In the same capacity, Adelegan was the head of the governor’s secretariat and handled hefty paperwork for his principal and by extension the government of Osun State.
In the first one year of the Oyinlola administration in Osun State, Adelegan wrote no fewer than 180 public speeches that enunciated the policies, programmes, plans and direction of the Osun State Government, in line with the government’s mandate to run an administration characterised by transparency, accountability, fairness, justice and equity. In all, Adelegan scripted well over one thousand, two hundred different public speeches on diverse topics in the dynamic administration in which he served. Additionally, he wrote at least 20 public lectures delivered by Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola locally and abroad. He was also the writer of speeches braodcast for special occasions including end-of-year press conferences, anniversary speeches and other special broadcasts by the state governor to the people of Osun State.
These public speeches were printed in May of each year to gauge the attainments of the Osun State government led by Oyinlola, and to enable the citizenry monitor the fulfilment of his mandate; and they come in four volumes printed, produced and packaged by Femi Adelegan, in his capacity as the Special Adviser to the Governor on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation. They were printed in May 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2008; with the following titles:
- 2004 – The Breakthrough – Volume 1
- 2005 – Salient Speeches – Volume 2
- 2006 – The Dynamics of Leadership – Volume 3
- 2008 – FROM THE TREASURES OF THE HEART – THOUGHTS OF A COMMITTED LEADER – VOLUME 4
A time-tested administrator, team player, writer, author of publications on Good Governance, and a professional blessed with technocratic instincts.
Has acquired a rich blend of maturity and experience as a bureaucratic player and technocrat; Honest, dedicated and committed to chosen goals, resourceful, articulate, ability to work under seemingly impossible conditions, a goal-getter, who is imbued with excellent human relations, painstaking, patient and extremely reliable. A loyal and trust-worthy personality.
Blessed with wide exposure and broad horizon with a vast knowledge of Administrative procedures, best corporate governance practices, and sound management of human and material resources. A strong advocate of the strict application of the principle of Management by Objectives to Nigeria’s Public Services, with a view to adding value to services rendered; and ensuring probity, accountability and optimal results.
Blessed with wide exposure and broad horizon with a vast knowledge of Administrative procedures, best corporate governance practices and sound management of human and material resources. A strong advocate of the strict application of the concept of Management by Objectives to Nigeria’s Public Service, with a view to adding value to services rendered; and ensuring probity, accountability, transparency and optimal results.
President/CEO; Terrific Investments & Consulting Ltd, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
(An Investments Promotions/Consultancy/Publishing/Governmental Affairs Specialists Firm)
PREVIOUS POSITIONS HELD
- Principal Secretary to the National Secretary, Peoples Democratic Party Headquarters, Wadata Plaza, Plot 1970, Michael Okpara Street, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja
- Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation to the Governor of Osun State – June 2003 – November 26. 2010
- Chief Press Secretary to Military Administrators and Governor of Osun State – Jan1994- Jan. 2000
- Secretary, Osun State Council, Nigeria Union of Journalists – 1992 – 1994
- Member, National Executive Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists 1992-1994
- Vice-Chairman, Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State’s Chapel, Nigeria Union of Journalists – 1989-1991
- Retired Voluntarily From Government Service, – September, 2000
- Politician since 2002
- Secretary, Board of Trustees of the Centre for Black Culture & International Understanding, Osogbo.
- Member, United States chapter of the Centre for Black Culture and International Understanding, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Head of the Governor’s Secretariat and was responsible for coordinating all paperwork of the Governor and was directly answerable to the Governor;
- Served as the Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Monitoring to the Governor (Processed Monthly Progress Reports from MDAs for the attention of the Governor
- Coordinated Osun State Government’s Investments Promotion Desk for the governor, who was deeply interested in growing the economy of Osun State;
- Wrote the public speeches of the Governor;
- Wrote public lectures delivered by the Osun State Governor;
- Attended to the Governor’s mails and visitors;
- Served as the link between Osun State Governor/Government with Nigerians in the Diaspora Organization (NIDO);
- Served as the Osun State Government’s Liaison Officer for contacts with High Commissions and Embassies of foreign governments in Nigeria; and Nigeria’s Missions abroad;
- A talented manager of human and material resources. Managed the press desk of four (4) successive Military Administrators and One governor of Osun State as Chief Press Secretary effectively, meritoriously, creditably and professionally from Jan. 1994 to Jan. 2000.
- Served as the Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation to the immediate-past Governor of Osun State. Was directly answerable to the Governor. My duties included the following:
- Covered and managed Osun State government’s investments desk for the Governor of Osun State (2003-2010)
- Head of the Governor’s Secretariat responsible for handling the Governor’s correspondences and record keeping
- Wrote the public speeches of the Governor.
- Wrote public lectures delivered by the Osun State Governor
- Attended to the Governor’s mails and his visitors
- Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation and Monitoring
- Served as the link between Osun State Governor/Government with Nigerians in the Diaspora and NIDO.
- Served as the Osun State Government’s Liaison Officer with High Commissions and Embassies of foreign governments in Nigeria and Nigeria’s Foreign Missions.
- An active participant in the establishment of the Livingspring Minerals Promotions Company Ltd, Osogbo
- An active participant in the establishment of the Livingspring Free Trade Zone, Osogbo
- Participated actively in the Economic Development Process of Osun State, Nigeria from 2003 to 2010
- Part of the Nigerian President’s Official Delegation to the United States, Peoples Republic of China and Vietnam; 2006
- Part of the Nigerian President’s Official Delegation to the G20 Summit held in Canada in 2010.
HOBBIES: Reading, writing and travelling
Femi Adelegan, is an ordained leader (Deacon) at the Sword of the Spirit Ministries, (aka Christ Life Church) a Pentecostal assembly founded by Bishop Francis Wale Oke. He was born to Christian parents, with his late father, Chief S. T. Adelegan serving as the Vice-President of the Young Men’s Christian Association, Nigeria chapter in the 1960s. Adelegan is a sound believer who also sowed his time to assist in arranging for the staging of the first edition of the ‘Nigeria Turning Point’ prayer programme, that held in Abuja, Nigeria, to intercede for the nation to have a smooth civilian to civilian transition programme in January, 2003. Bishop Wale Oke had received a divine instruction to visit and pray on all the state capitals, culmination in the grand finale in Abuja to break the cycle of disruptions to democratic transition in Nigeria. He is the author of the publication titled: Nigeria’s Leading Lights of the Gospel that treats extensively the ministries of Nigerian ecumenical personalities whose foot prints have been visible in the annals of church history at various times. The similarity between those miraculous acts recorded in the Bible, and the ones documented in NIGERIA’S LEADING LIGHTS OF THE GOSPEL goes a long way to confirm that indeed, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. The book is available for sale on this website, and in leading bookstores in Nigeria.