Femi Adelegan is time-tested bureaucrat and information manager whose technocratic instincts have kept him within the precincts of power for several years. For most of the 1990s through the turn of the millennium, (1994-2000) Adelegan, a publicist, public administrator and writer, walked around the corridors of power as an image manager and spokesman to four consecutive governors of Osun State in Nigeria. He is a writer, author, publicist, publisher, consultant in diverse fields, and is a Governmental Affairs Specialist.
He previously served (2003-2010) as Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation to the governor of Osun State, Nigeria. At various times, (2008-2012) Femi Adelegan served as a member of Nigerian Government’s Official Delegations to the General Conference and Executive Board Sessions of UNESCO in France; and Nigeria’s Presidential Delegations to the United States, Peoples Republic of China, Vietnam (2006) and the G-20 Summit in Canada (2010). He also attended the 41st session of the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, United States in 1986.
He is the author of several publications, among them: Africa: The Game Changers & Dynamics of Power; Nigeria’s Leading Lights of the Gospel: Revolutionaries in Worldwide Christianity; Governance: An Insider’s Reflections on the Nigerian Polity and The Press Secretary.
A time-tested administrator, team player, writer, author of publications on Good Governance, and a professional blessed with technocratic instincts.
Has acquired a rich blend of maturity and experience as a bureaucratic player and technocrat; honest, dedicated and committed to chosen goals, resourceful, articulate, ability to work under seemingly impossible conditions, a goal-getter, who is imbued with excellent human relations, painstaking, patient and extremely reliable. A loyal and trust-worthy personality.
Blessed with wide exposure and broad horizon with a vast knowledge of Administrative procedures, best corporate governance practices, and sound management of human and material resources.
A strong advocate of the strict application of the principle of Management by Objectives to Nigeria’s Public Services, with a view to adding value to services rendered; and ensuring probity, accountability and optimal results.
Blessed with wide exposure and broad horizon with a vast knowledge of Administrative procedures, best corporate governance practices and sound management of human and material resources. A strong advocate of the strict application of the concept of Management by Objectives to Nigeria’s Public Service, with a view to adding value to services rendered; and ensuring probity, accountability, transparency and optimal results.
President/CEO; Terrific Investments & Consulting Ltd, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
(An Investments Promotions/Consultancy/Publishing/Governmental Affairs Specialists Firm)
- A talented manager of human and material resources. Managed the press desk of four (4) successive Military Administrators and One governor of Osun State as Chief Press Secretary effectively, meritoriously, creditably and professionally from Jan. 1994 to Jan. 2000.
- Served as the Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation to the immediate-past Governor of Osun State. Was directly answerable to the Governor. My duties included the following:
- Covered and managed Osun State government’s investments desk for the Governor of Osun State (2003-2010)
- Head of the Governor’s Secretariat responsible for handling the Governor’s correspondences and record keeping
- Wrote the public speeches of the Governor.
- Wrote public lectures delivered by the Osun State Governor
- Attended to the Governor’s mails and his visitors
- Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation and Monitoring
- Served as the link between Osun State Governor/Government with Nigerians in the Diaspora and NIDO.
- Served as the Osun State Government’s Liaison Officer with High Commissions and Embassies of foreign governments in Nigeria and Nigeria’s Foreign Missions.
- An active participant in the establishment of the Livingspring Minerals Promotions Company Ltd, Osogbo
- An active participant in the establishment of the Livingspring Free Trade Zone, Osogbo
- Participated actively in the Economic Development Process of Osun State, Nigeria from 2003 to 2010
- Part of the Nigerian President’s Official Delegation to the United States, Peoples Republic of China and Vietnam; 2006
- Part of the Nigerian President’s Official Delegation to the G20 Summit held in Canada in 2010.