SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT CAMPAIGN INITIATED & IS BEING IMPLEMENTED
BY TERRIFIC HEADLINES; AN ARM OF TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTING
INCORPORATING ABUJA, FCT, NIGERIA
Mobile No: +234-8033977394
Copyright: Terrific Investment & Consulting
PROMOTING FAMILY VALUES & VIRTUES THROUGH A MULTI-PRONGED MEDIA APPROACH
Evidently, the whole world is in a defining period, given several sordid occurrences that are obtruding themselves, particularly issues dealing with family values and collaboration of husband and wife to raise their children and wards properly at this period, when modernization has brought along with it the erosion of our values, cultures and traditions. In the past few years following global economic turndown and terrorism that know no boundaries, nations of the world are taking precautionary measures in order to be able to cope with the requirements of the emerging times. There is widespread moral decadence that has eaten into the very fabrics of the society. And regrettably, this issue is not limited to youths alone; but also some renegades who have reached ages of maturity.
In order for any society to progress, parents and adults must live virtuous lives that will promote love and enhance enviable family values. In particular, parents must build good families as microcosms of the society, with couples being the moral compass to ensure that there is unity, commitment and indissolubility in marriage, in order to keep the family together. Family values are being threatened as a result of foreign influences, under the guise of modernization. Social vices have bred false lifestyles and terrorism, which are conceived as modernization. Effective monitoring and strict parental guidance are required in the growth, development and success children and wards. The effect of the invasion of the airwaves by the foreign media has resulted into grave problems such as armed robberies, violence, and other wrong attitudes
MAJOR CONSIDERATIONS FOR ACTION
Three broad segments of the society are responsible for the proper growth of the young ones.
- If the correct statistics are taken, it would be revealed that only a fraction of parents pay particular attention to the development of their children.
- Additionally, only a few organizations with parental responsibilities, like institutions of learning, religious bodies, civil society and philanthropists pay adequate attention to youth development.
- Government itself that has the duty of creating an enabling environment must do more for the society to develop fully.
- There must be changes in the attitudes of all about family values that largely dictate how a society develops and this is where the private sector comes in. The concerns are, but are not limited to the following:
- The civil society and civil society organizations including the media that shape opinions must take active part in forcing policy formulators and those who implement policies to sustain the mission and vision of the society/organization, the recipe lies in following the established procedures laid out for management for attainment of results.
- Issues that demand answers include if organizations with parental responsibilities pay adequate attention to their students’ development; proactive
IMPORTANCE OF CAMPAIGN TO SOCIETAL DEVELOPMENT
- It is the responsibility of couples/parents/spouses; organizations with parental responsibilities & Government to anticipate and prevent occurrences that derail family units.
- It is better for a damage not to occur at all, than to go into crises management.
- The reactive approach is more costly in terms of damages done, more expensive in terms of finances injected, and takes a longer while for the crises to be combated successfully.
- Creating personal interest in the welfare of the target audience in the society would go a long way in solidifying relationships, and eventually promote societal growth
We are convinced that Nigerians generally, including citizens in all strata of the society, particularly family units, need to be mobilized for development.
- Sensitize and educate the target audience on family values and responsibilities
- A new attitude and a new orientation are required for sustainable growth and development.
- We believe that every reasonable person must be socially responsible. Therefore, the society must collaborate to curtail criminal and social vices.
- Help parents and organizations with parental responsibilities to play their parts well.
- ORGANIZATIONS WITH PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS & NGOs
- THE CIVIL SOCIETY
- SPECIFICALLY, WOMEN ARE BETTER PLACED TO ENSURE THE SUCCESS OF THE CAMPAIGN FOR MORAL RECTITUDE AT THE PIVOTS OF FAMILY UNITS
It is believed that women, as pivots of family units are better placed to lead the campaign against social vices and security breaches; and how to arrest the trend. The event would further encourage men and women alike, with responsibility for the training of children and wards and managing the home, to stand committed to the objective of joint responsibility for successes of couples in life.
- Organizations with Parental Responsibilities – including places of worship, educational institutions
- Youths generally in tertiary institutions who constitute the most vulnerable segment of the society
- Non Governmental Organizations with responsibility for youths and women development
- Nigeria’s Missions Abroad
- The Nigerian Diaspora
- Women Groups and Organizations
TERRIFIC HEADLINES takes cognizance of the following:
- There is the need for an urgent intervention in family values and virtues, in view of the fact that when a bad practice is continued over a period of time, it becomes the norm; hence the need for proactive measures to shape the conducts of the young ones in their formative years through adolescence.
- Because the younger ones must trust and respect their parents and parental organizations, they emulate them and internalize their ideals. Nothing comes easy. Parents must plan, pray and be resolute to be able to keep a happy family.
IMPORTANCE & JUSTIFICATION
- The problem is that youths now look for the easiest way to make money. It is also very sad to note that several people commit innocent mistakes by aiding and supporting social and criminal and social vices without knowing that they are really doing so.
- Combating moral decadence and parents’ insensitivity to their responsibilities as spouses has become imperative. This is partly due to the invasion of the airwaves of the developing world by foreign cable media stations. The consequent effect of the younger generation imbibing the cultures and values of the West is now pronounced. The situation has assumed frightening dimensions of erosion of cultural values in the Third World. It is now commonplace finding the younger elements in Africa dancing to the tunes of foreign musicians; without even understanding the lyrics of the songs. Young boys now wear ear-rings, hitherto an exclusive practice by the female sex.
- Inadequate attention to these social ills could prove too costly for the general populace and the society, which may witness catastrophic occurrences; or at least, major dislocations and disruptions to development and putting the future in jeopardy. Accordingly, the following are the guiding principles.
- At the time of the compilation of this report for instance, the British government claimed that over 29,000 Nigerians are on their radar as illegal immigrants and are being investigated for deportation once it is proven that they are residing in the United Kingdom illegally. If eventually deported, these illegal migrants will have to return to Nigeria to start life afresh. Intending migrants are reminded that most countries do not take human trafficking and trafficking in hard drugs/narcotics lightly. In some countries, particularly Asia and the Arab nations, drug couriers are summarily executed to serve as deterrence to other intending drug couriers and merchants yet to be apprehended. So, why would someone jump into committing suicide when there are other avenues of livelihood?
FOCUS: IMPLEMENTATION OF CAMPAIGN
In consideration of the fact that the quality of today’s children would naturally determine society’s future, it is important for Government, parents and organizations with parental responsibilities that have not lived up to expectations to take positive steps to improve on their obligations. Everyone in any society has some basic functions to perform. The roles of these three bodies are so important that in situations where they are not able to perform efficiently and effectively, the society suffers tremendously. When people talk about successful societies, they must not forget that good family background and spousal relationships are considerable influences of successes that they enjoy today.
- Highlight precautionary measures as the primary goal; with reactive options as added secondary measures
- Highlights the need for youths to understand in practical terms that their future and that of the nation are in their hands; and therefore, prepare themselves for participation in national development.
- Treat options available for development individually, collectively and corporately
- Encourage provision of alternatives such as participation in the creative and agriculture sub sectors, among others, in order to be productive
- Preach Good Governance and social responsibility on the part of the citizenry
- Treat issues pertaining to collaboration with Governments and their agencies with regard to the development of Nigeria
THE NEED FOR PROACTIVE MEASURES THROUGH SENSITIZATION OF THE TARGET AUDIENCE THROUGH FEATURES & INTERVIEWS WITH NOTABLE PERSONALITIES WHO ARE SHINING EXAMPLES ON OUR COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
The major objective is to promote the feelings of empathy through public enlightenment by highlighting how these prominent and respected Nigerians have attained greatness and have kept happy families.
In every situation, choosing the right strategy to solve problems requires wisdom and experience. It is essentially the duty of the media practitioner to evolve policies directed at promoting discourse so that the various peoples of the world could understand better, the products being marketed; as well as each others’ feelings on issues and events; and their likes and dislikes. In this way, the media is able to regulate the conduct of the citizenry particularly the relationship of one individual to the other and more importantly, among the various nations of the world.
- Our approach will be to encourage parents, organizations with parental responsibilities, and government to pay greater attention to FAMILY VALUES
- Because of the importance personality plays in credibility/believability, TERRIFIC HEADLINES has with effect from January 2019, started running a column on FAMILY VIRTUES & VALUES. All our ten social media channels are involved
- We will plant some pieces on our communication channels for massive sensitization of all segments of the Nigerian society on the importance of promoting FAMILY VIRTUES & VALUES.
- In realization of the need to reach, all Nigerians, our BLOG has been constructed to automatically translate our posts into three major Nigerian languages of: YORUBA, IGBO and HAUSA languages. The Blog also in the same way translates our posts into ELEVEN (11) foreign languages.
- It has come to appreciated that it is better to anticipate and nip in the bud the prospective problem than to start managing problems.
- DEDICATED WEBSITE is in place for interaction and publishing of information on FAMILY VIRTUES & VALUES. It is an all year round activity; designed to contributing to local and global efforts to build families and encourage women emancipation.
- Because we are read all over the world, particularly by Nigerian & African Diaspora, we have a very wide reach and are able to moderate opinions and conducts of the populace.
STRATEGIES – ROLE MODELS & MENTORING: SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
WE OPERATE ON THE FOLLOWING CHANNELS THAT ARE CONVEYING ALL INFORMATION ON THIS ACTIVITY SIMULTANEOUSLY ON THE CHANNELS LISTED BELOW
- FACEBOOK: Terrific Headlines – Building A Greater Nigeria (FACEBOOK)
- FACEBOOK: Building A Greater Nigeria (FACEBOOOK GROUP)
- email@example.com — Bulk Emails
SUPPORTERS/PROMOTERS/PARTNERS: Because of the importance of FAMILY VIRTUES & VALUES to societal development; and for the reason of the fact that growing all societies cut across the various strata of the society, we require SUPPORTERS/PROMOTERS/PARTNERS under INDIVIDUAL/CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY SCHEMES. In return, we shall convey advertisement/corporate activities of our PARTNERS/PROMOTERS/SUPPORTERS.
ADVANTAGES OF PATRONIZING US
- We have the requisite experiences
- We are backed up by capable and experienced professionals
- Our very wide reach …. We are read all over the world
- We have very close links in Nigerian and African Diaspora
- We are also read widely locally
SPECIAL ADVANTAGEOUS FEATURES: Automatic translation of contents and advertisements into the following languages:
Our Blog I equipped for automatic translation of our posts in nine (9) foreign languages and YOBUBA, HAUSA & IGBO languages Automatic translations into: English, Chinese, French, German, Dutch, Russian, Italian, Arabic & Spanish languages (Available on our BLOG)
ABOUT OUR FIRM & OUR AGENDA
At TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTING (TI&C), we construct and sustain formidable functional and collaborative cooperation with individuals and corporate organizations that seek our services. Thus, we offer our expertise and cooperation. Terrific Investments & Consulting has its base in Nigeria, the most populous African nation in the world with an estimated population of 170 million. Nigeria is the largest country in Africa and has one-sixth of the population of black people in the world. It is highly remarkable that the country is endowed with the basic human capital required to drive real growth and development.
OUR EXPERTISE: TERRIFIC HEADLINES is an online information outfit that is an arm of TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTING (TI&C) a Nigerian firm based in Abuja, capital city of the Federal Republic on Nigeria. It is a limited liability company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria. It is also registered by the Nigerian Exports Promotions Council and has the mandate to carry out export and import business activities. Members of our team have demonstrable experiences in the under-listed areas in which they have been able to acquire a rich blend of knowledge and maturity. OUR PARENT ORGANIZATION is licensed to undertake the following activities:
- Investment and Trade Promotions
- Consultancy Services
- Book Publishing & Marketing
- Immigration and Travel Advisory Services
- Exports and Imports
- Oil and Gas
- Hospitality and Hotel Management
- Governmental Affairs Consultancies
- Media Consultancies
- Training Consultancies
- Estate Development/Management
- General Trade
- Manufacturers’ Representatives
TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTING LTD
TERRIFIC HEADLINES – ‘BUILDING A GREATER NIGERIA’
We are involved in the development of the non-oil sector programmes through a multi-pronged approach utilizing the social media and other communicative strategies.
OUR OPERATIONAL POLICIES: TERRIFIC HEADLINES. – www.terrificheadlinescom,
TERRIFIC HEADLINES is an arm of TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTUNG. It is an online news organization that features highly educative, entertaining and insightful issues and events. Its parent organization is TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTING LTD. Our operational policy is to operate as a nonpolitical organization, and are, therefore, conscious of our responsibility of ensuring fairness, justice and ethical responsibility. We identify and promote conscientious commentators, creative counsellors, and sincere intellectual advocates of change. However, we do not entertain the following:
- Hate speeches & pronouncements
- Issues that could threaten national stability and cohesion
- Venomous actions and pronouncements
- Libelous statements and publications
WE ARE GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING:
- The need to promote socio-economic and political development
- Linkages with the international community
- Governance is one of the hardest of tasks; hence the need to avoid hasty and ill-informed commentaries
- We entertain only issue-based discussions based on merit, patriotism, fair play and justice
- Our efforts are chiefly directed at influencing the citizenry for improvements and better standards of living and conducts, through sensitization and advocacy activities
- We refuse to accept the notion that commentators should be free to employ demeaning statements
- Well-meaning people must act responsibly and subscribe to the style of advancing superior arguments, which is a virtue of democracy
- We are committed to the provision of formidable, excellent, highly competitive, and functional professional services that include collaborative cooperation and linkages with willing investors seeking participation in the economic development of Nigeria, and foreign nations seeking investors in Nigeria. We also act as agents of ambitious organizations that are poised to shoot into prominence by breaking new grounds. Thus, we offer our expertise and cooperation in diverse areas.
WHAT WE STAND FOR: PROMOTIONG SOCIO- ECONOMIC & POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT
We feature series of educative, entertaining and socio-political and economic developments directed at inviting attention and influencing positive developments
Our Blog, website and other social media communication channels are designed to promote the following key issues:
- Promote Economic Development and Public/Private Sector collaboration for Development, and particularly preference for home-made products
- Market Nigeria to the international community as the foremost investments destination in Africa
- Promote Trade & Investment, particularly home made products
- Promote Human Capital Development through Creativity, Innovation, Job Creation & Social Investments
- Promote Good Governance, Democracy, Accountability, Transparency and Democratic Ideals
- Discourage perpetration of social and criminal vices
- Encourage Nigerians in the Diaspora to be further involved and contribute more to national development
- Promote Security Consciousness
BRANDING ON OUR COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
Our BLOG (www.terrificheadlines.com) and Website (www.terrificinvestment.com) have facilities for automatic translation of their contents in the following languages
- Yoruba, Hausa & Igbo
- English Language, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic
WE ENSURE THAT: Our publications that are of international standards are always in good faith, and for future generations, in recognition of virtues and values that are worth reading and recording for posterity. Therefore, we sensitize Nigerians on economic and political issues. We also sensitize the citizenry on their rights, privileges and obligations and to also the citizenry embrace the following:
- Participate in the economic development of Nigeria
- Care more about democracy, elect only credible candidates & influence Good Governance
- Encourage Nigerians to shun ostentatious lifestyles
- Encourage Nigerians to engage in philanthropy
- Provide feedback between the government and the governed
TARGET AUDIENCE & DRAWING HUGE TRAFFIC ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The target audience comprises the following:
- Youths generally
- Nigerian citizens
- Political office holders
- Nigerians in the Diaspora
- The international community and diplomatic community in Nigeria
- Training and Educational institutions
- Investors generally (local and foreign)
BRANDING/SPECIAL INTERVENTIONS ON OUR COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
FOR THE BLOG, WEBSITE & OTHER COMMUNICATION CHANNELS: AUTOMATIC TRANSLATION INTO ELEVEN FOREIGN & LOCAL LANGUAGES
- Negotiations and requests for advertisements on our Website, Blog and other channels would commence after Expressions of Interest are received; and negotiations are concluded. All advertisements will normally run for a period of ONE Year; and are renewable on request. Advertisements will run for one year, with the opportunity of getting visitors to read contents in the different languages stated above. There is also an opportunity for information on products to be read all over the world; targeting the relevant audience.
- CLIENTS could request for pages on our communication channels like FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM; TWITTER, BLOG and WEBSITE They would be entitled to post on these pages However, all advertisements will be scrutinized before usage to ensure that they conform to standards and contain no adverse information for which our company could be held liable.
ADVANTAGE OF PATRONIZING/PARTNERING WITH OUR ORGANIZATION: We have the requisite experience and are relevantly exposed. We also have a very wide reach and are reaching the Nigerian Diaspora, the African Diaspora, prospective investors, and all parts of the world in different languages. We believe that we are advantageously positioned to serve you better.
EGDE OVER OTHERS: We claim that we are able to project information better than Private & Public owned organizations because we have the contents that attract huge crowd to our communicative channels; whereas people who go on some other websites, including those owned by government and its agencies do so only when they require employment and contracts.
WIDE LINKS: We have very wide links/associates in different parts of the world, particularly in the African Diaspora.
OUR REACH: We are read in all parts of the world.
SPECIAL INTERVENTIONS: We engage the citizenry more and get them to contribute more meaningfully and patriotically to national development. Our social intervention campaign strategies suggest preventive, rather than reactive strategies. Our plan takes cognisanse of the fact that organizations in the public and private sectors have their websites that people could visit. However, people, by nature would prefer to visit those sites only for the purpose of seeking for contracts and employment. On our part, we have very interesting packages that attract a huge audience to our channels daily.
ABOUT OUR CEO/TEAM LEADER
Femi Adelegan is a time-tested bureaucrat whose technocratic instincts kept him within the precincts of power for several years. For most of the 1990s through the turn of the millennium, (1994-2000) Adelegan, a technocrat, strategic planner, thinker, publisher, author, and writer, walked around the corridors of power as an image manager and spokesman to four consecutive governors of Osun State. He later served as Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser (Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation Monitoring) to the governor of Osun State from June, 2003 to November, 2010. At various times, (2008-2012) Femi Adelegan served as a member of Nigerian Government’s Official Delegations to the General Conference and Executive Board Sessions of UNESCO in France (2008-2013); and Nigeria’s Presidential Delegations to the United States, Peoples Republic of China, Vietnam (2006) and the G-20 Summit in Canada (2010)
He also attended the 41st session of the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, United States. Femi Adelegan is currently a consultant in diverse fields including media, public and governmental affairs and is a proponent of the principles of good governance as the solution to the problems besetting developing nations, and Management by Objectives. He currently runs a consultancy business in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. Femi Adelegan is hugely experienced in governance and governance procedures and is the author of the following publications on Good Governance:
- GOVERNANCE: An Insider’s Reflections on the Nigerian Polity
- AFRICA: The Game Changers & Dynamics of Power
- Techniques of Information Management in Governance
- Useful Guides on Foreign Travels, Border Posts/Ports & Immigration Matters
- NIGERIA’S LEADING LIGHTS OF THE GOSPEL: Revolutionaries in Worldwide Christianity